Carrot Cake !

22.9.13

Υesterday afternoon I got into our kitchen to make the Carrot Cake! lalala
In the morning, me and my sister Evgenia went to the super market to buy the things were missing for the cake! Having all the necessary ingredients I was ready to bake!
It was weird cause I thought that what I’ve thought at the previous post, came true! I was at home with my sisters (they were studying but ok!), having nothing to study and the weather was like the one I wished for! Windy and sunny at the same time! The perfect weather for a carrot cake!
We were searching for so long for the best carrot cake recipe and I think that we found it! Sorted had everything ready for us! We loved this recipe from the time we saw it here. The sultanas in the orange juice gave us no chance to resist this carrot cake recipe! And so we didn’t!

          I N G R E D I E N T S  for  C A R R O T C A K E:
handful of sultanas (85g)
juice of 1 orange
wholemeal flour or all- purpose flour (85g)
self-raising flour (85g)
soft brown sugar (175g)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp mixed spice (ground nutmeg, clove and ginger)
½ tsp salt
sunflower or corn oil (125ml)
2 eggs, beaten
carrot, peeled and coarsely grated (175g)
handful of walnuts, roughly chopped (50g)
for the F R O S T I N G:
cream cheese (85g)
butter, softened (25g)
icing sugar (175g)
zest of 1 orange
  
          D i R E C T I O N S:
- Soak the sultanas in the orange juice.
- Sieve flours, soda, spices (and cinnamon) and salt into bowl.
-Pour on the eggs and oil then mix well.
-Fold in the grated carrot, walnuts, sultanas and remaining orange juice.
- Pour into a lined 900g loaf tin and bake for 1 hour in a preheated oven to 180°C … covering with foil for the second 30 minutes to prevent it colouring too much.
-After 1 hour, take it out of the oven, let it cool in tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
 -Beat all of the frosting ingredients together with the grated zest from the orange.
-Ice the cake with the orange frosting when cool completely and sprinkle with crushed walnuts to serve.

Serve it with hot tea while watching a vintage movie! 
My Fair Lady with Audrey Hepburn for me!


Bon appétit!
Love,
 
Like the deer on Facebook 

7 comments:

  1. Delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep up the good work ladies!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. deer god:o hahah φαίνεται υπέροχο!



    http://thecityflame.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!!!
    It looks sooo delicious!
    I will certainly meke this cake!! :)
    I love you deer!!

    http://fashionofad.blogspot.gr/

    xo xo
    Olie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Υπέροχο καταπληκτικό!
    Μα τι φωτογραφίες!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. σλουρπ! λατρευω καρροτ κεικ <3 μπραβο σας!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. γιατί αυτό το carrot cake πάει πίσω? Πως να γίνει με έναν μαγικό τρόπο ξυπνώντας το πρωί στην κουζίνα να υπήρχε κάθε μέρα κέικ?..

    ReplyDelete