When mum is baking vol.3: The cocoa cake!11:33 AM
This week we had some sweet visitors at our home, our best family friend and her lovely granddaughter! So, mommy got in the kitchen to make something really special for them! She got this recipe from a Greek cooker called Argyro that day and thought to give it a try! Coming out of the oven, it was just a normal chocolate cake! So, I thought that I should make it more fun and pretty adding some confectioners sugar and sprinkles on top! Also, you can cover it with white or dark chocolate ganache! But we kept it simple this time! As for the taste? It is so delicious, so so delicious, fluffy and moist! You'll really enjoy it! We're thinking of making some more cause we ate it in the same day!
I N G R E D I E N T S for C O C O A C A K E :
310g of all purpose flour
80g of cocoa powder
200g of caster sugar
120g of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
150g butter at room temperature
360g boiled water
2 teaspoons of vanilla
D i R E C T I O N S:
- Combine in a bowl brown sugar, cocoa powder and the boiling water and whisk it well. Let it cool.
- In another bowl mix together the flour (sieved), the baking powder, the baking soda and the salt.
- Mix together the caster sugar and the butter till it gets fluffy. Then pour in the vanilla.
- Add the eggs in the mixture and mix again.
- Then add in the mixer slowly and alternately the dry ingredients and the liquids.
- Mix all the ingredients together till you have a nice cake mixture.
- Grease a small/medium baking sheet and pour the mixture in it.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes in an oven to 170°C.
- Cover with chocolate ganache for an ultimate chocolate cake or add some confectioners sugar with sprinkles on top if you wanna keep it simple.