La salsa de naranja (the orange sauce) !7:23 AM
So busy the last week…No time for a new post!
Food recipe for today! Something new for this blog! We made this salsa last Monday. Mum had made some pasta and we undertook the making of a delicious sauce. We found the recipe somewhere on Internet but we changed it a bit. It is called “The Orange Sauce” because of its color, orange and coral. It’s really delicious and easy to make and we totally recommend it to you!!
I N G R E D I E N T S for the O R A N G E S A U C E:
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 whole medium onion, chopped
1 big clove garlic, chopped
2 fresh tomatoes, grated in a mandolin
5 tablespoons tomato paste
salt & pepper
1 cup heavy cream
D i R E C T I O N S:
- Pour the olive oil and the butter on a hot pan and let it melt.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté it till it turns lightly brown. Add the garlic, too.
- Then, pour in the grated tomatos and the tomato paste and stir the whole mix with a wooden spatula.
- Add sugar for the tomato, salt &pepper to taste.
- Let it be cooked for some minutes while stirring.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour in the heavy cream.
- Stir well with the spatula till the sauce turns orange.
- Lastly, add some cheese like parmesan or reggato. Give it a last stir so that cheese goes everywhere.
- Pour it on pasta and add some freshly chopped basil on top.
P.S.: Don't forget the basil!! It makes a great combination with this sauce! It's so tasty and smells great!!