The happy cupcakes :)6:24 AM
These are the second cupcakes of the season! We made these last Saturday as a treat for Eugenia’s students. They love chocolate, as all the children do and so we thought of making something with this popular ingredient – chocolate! These cupcakes were so fun to make –as every cupcake actually- and extremely tasty,too!!! The cake is a simple vanilla-cocoa cake with some chocolate chips and the frosting is butter cream with dark chocolate. We made the dark chocolate a little bit sweeter by adding some heavy cream in it! We think that there are the most delicious cupcakes of those we’ve made till now! Eugenia’s students loved them, too! Double success! (:
We totally recommend them to you!! We found them in this cutie video!
I N G R E D I E N T S for the C U P C A K E S:
200g. caster sugar
200g. plain flour
1 ¾ teaspoons of baking powder
2 teaspoons of vanilla
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
I N G R E D I E N T S for D A R K C H O C O L A T E B U T T E R C R E A M :
150g. unsalted butter
160g. confectioners’ sugar
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- In a bowl cream together the butter and the sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time and then add the vanilla.
- In another bowl mix together the flour (sifted) and the baking powder.
- Beat the dry ingredients into the butter mixture in 2 batches.
-Then pour in the milk in 2 batches.
- In a little bowl, combine the cocoa powder with a little water so that to form a paste. It turns into nutella texture.
- Add the paste into mixture and mix well. Following to the recipe, this paste corresponds to half of the cake mixture. We put this in the whole mixture and the cakes were not that chocolate. Double the ingredients of the cocoa powder and water for more chocolate cupcakes.
- Add in some chocolate chips if you want to.
- Using an ice-cream scoop pour equal amounts of the mixture into the cups.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes in a
- While waiting for the cupcakes to cool completely, we are making the frosting.
- Sift the confectioners' sugar to assure there are no lumps and set aside.
- In a mixer, beat the butter at medium speed until it becomes fluffy (for about 2 minutes).
-Gradually add the sifted sugar. Beat on low speed after each addition.
-Add the vanilla, too.
- Then pour in the melted chocolate in two or three batches and mix well.
- When the cupcakes cool completely, add the frosting with a piping bag (ideal) or with a spatula on them!